Re[2]: "Technical Writer" en Espanol

Subject: Re[2]: "Technical Writer" en Espanol
From: Jackie Campana <jcampana -at- ARCADA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 May 1995 15:37:25 PDT

As a Spanish-speaking technical writer who travels to Colombia and
Peru, I've gotten puzzled looks when I say I'm an "escritora tecnica."

I agree with Susan's Argentinian drafter--I haven't met anyone in SA
who has heard of our occupation. I just say that I'm an "escritora"
and give a description of what I write. Then, I am usually asked, "Is
this a new field?"

--
Jackie Emard Campana
Technical Writer/Editor * jcampana -at- arcada -dot- com

"Hungry man, reach for the book: it is a weapon"--Bertolt Brecht

From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: "Technical Writer" en Espanol
Date: Tue, May 16, 1995 9:07AM

To TECHWR-L--INET

From: Jane Lorenzen

According to my Spanish teacher, a native of the Dominican Republic,
/ /
it's "escritor tecnico," or "escritora tecnica" for a female.
/
Needs an accent mark on the "e" in "tecnico/a."

Tenga un buen viaje! (Have a good trip!)

--Jane