Re: Disaster Recovery

Subject: Re: Disaster Recovery
From: Chris Tarski <CTARSK -at- MEDNET -dot- SWMED -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 10:03:01 -0500

Re: Disaster Recovery

On May 19, Josee Sevigny wrote: "I'm looking for some ideas, info, links on
disaster recovery. We have to write
some documentation on this matter and I want to make sure we don't forget
anything."

I was charged with developing a "disaster recovery" plan for the administrative
areas of the University. This plan
did NOT cover the actual evacuation plans nor the computer center plans. What
it did cover were the steps
necessary to get the business functions running once again. The plans were
titled "Business Continuation Plans."
If you are interested, let me know and I will try to put together an outline.

Also check into the Association of Contingency Planners. This is a national
organization that shares all types of
information regarding all types of contingency and business continuation plans.
Call 800-445-4ACP for the name
and number of the chapter nearest you.

Chris Tarski
ctarsk -at- mednet -dot- swmed -dot- edu