TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Contract technical writer needed to help us complete documentation
for the first release of our CAD/CAE software on Windows NT. Must
be willing to work approximately 40 hrs/wk on a variety of projects
for at least 6 months.
Projects include writing installation guides, updating Windows Help,
finalizing partially completed reference documents, and writing or
updating user guides. If you like a flexible, casual, small-company
environment, high-tech software products, and varied assignments,
please contact us.
- Minimum 2 years technical writing experience
- Experience working with or writing about command/
macro languages as well as windowing software
- Ability to understand highly technical information
and present it in clear, simple language
- Must be a self-starter and independent worker
- Experience creating Windows Help preferred
- Experience in the CAD/CAE industry a plus
- FrameMaker for Windows or Ventura Publisher experience
- Word for Windows experience