Re: Scripts and voice over

Subject: Re: Scripts and voice over
From: Vincent Reh <VincentR -at- SC -dot- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 16:19:00 EDT

I think you should go to a professional video production house, otherwise
your video (and company and product) will look totally amateurish. Think
about those car dealer commercials in which the owners insist on doing it
themselves even though they have no on-camera talent whatsoever. The
commercials would be so much better if pro models and voiceovers were used.

Talk to your marcomm department or look in the yellow pages under Video
Production Services for video houses in your area. They don't come cheap,
but neither should your reputation.

Vince Reh

Sr. Marketing Writer
Harris, Rochester, NY

vincentr -at- sc -dot- harris -dot- com

***********
Where can I get information about
(1) producing scripts for videos (marketing and other) and
(2) finding a "good" person to read the script for the voice over?

The subject matter is scientific testing and evaluation and other
research and development.

How can I find someone in my company who has an appropriate voice to
do the narration? (And how do I know the difference between a good
voice and a so-so voice?)

Is there a different list I should query or a Web site I should
visit?