Belated thankyou for standards advice

Subject: Belated thankyou for standards advice
From: Danna McLaughlin <mclaughlin -at- HOU -dot- SPERRY-SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 08:34:32 CST

A slightly belated thanks to everyone who sent advice concerning
documentation standards. I appreciate your taking the time to respond. The
concensus seems to be:

- That establishing a set of standards should be a democratic, ongoing
process. Democratic, because when each writer has invested in the
standards, everyone is more likely to adhere to them. Ongoing, because
writers come and go, documents come and go, customers come and go, etc.

- That consistency is crucial when it comes to improving usability
(especially *noun* consistency, because when you refer to a thing by
several different names it gets really confusing).

If anyone would like a copy of the responses I received, I'd be happy to
comply.

Danna McLaughlin
McLaughlin -at- Hou -dot- sperry-sun -dot- com