Subject: Summary: How long to create a help screen?
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 11:52:41 PDT

Thanks to everyone who replied. I hope Jan doesn't mind if I quote her
estimate as typical -- and the most concise.

Another respondant, John, forwarded some detailed estimates that worked
out to around 2.5 screens a day, but he was drawing a new figure for
every other page, so his experience may confirm the consensus of two
hours or so per screen.

Thanks again, everyone!

Arthur

And now, the response, please:

From our experience, one day per screen is a bit high. It depends
a lot on how many hyperlinks you have per screen and the degree of
difficulty of the features that you are using.

I believe that a lot of my people probably are [producing] more like
4-5 screens per day.

...Jan
---

Jan Clayton, Expert Support Inc.
jclayton -at- xs -dot- com, 415-917-7891 FAX: 415-941-2898
201 San Antonio Circle, Suite B115, Mountain View, CA 94040