Macintosh screen dump questions

Subject: Macintosh screen dump questions
From: Barbara Hallnan <barbara -at- EJV -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 10:04:01 -0400

Compatriots,

Is there anyone out there who is REAL familiar with
all the problems involved in doing screen dumps for
publication on the Macintosh. I've done it before,
but I'm no expert, and a current project has me
spinning. If you have ALOT of experience with this,
could you send me your phone # or e-mail address
so I can ask some questions? Screendump isssues
tend to go on and on, and I don't want to bore
the list readers with the grimy details.

I'm using Capture 4.0 for dumping and DeskPaint
for editing. The dumps are TIFFs at 60% reduction and
256 grays. The final manual will be produced in
Quark. Some of the problems I'm having are:
- Dimmed items in the dumps are not printing at all
although they display on screen in the dump
- I don't understand the whole business of setting
the dpi for the image, and I haven't yet found anyone
at the client who knows what they want/need. I don't
understand the difference between %reduction and dpi
setting. I think you get the picture (no pun intended).

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Barbara Hallnan
barbara -at- ejv -dot- com