Re: Origin of PC terms

Subject: Re: Origin of PC terms
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 1995 15:41:52 EDT

On Thu, 8 Jun 1995 11:02:20 -0700 you wrote:

>If a reader should actively
>distort what I wrote in a hunt for bias or offense, there is
>exactly *nothing* I can do about it. Because I have no control
>over that, I waste no time fretting about it. I need that time
>to learn more about usability, audience analysis, information
>mapping, etc.

And THIS, IMHO, should be a part of the credo of this group. We are TECHNICAL
writers. Technical issues should be the primary consideration of our
writings. We should be careful not to offend, of course, but we cannot
concentrate on effective technical writing when we are so concerned with who
may or may not be pissed off with all the various connotations they care to
read into our every word.

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN Internet mion -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.musicwest.com/1040bbs/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446