Re: Customer/User Summary

Subject: Re: Customer/User Summary
From: Ronni Perry <Ronni -dot- Perry -at- DL-NOTES -dot- SMTRW -dot- LANGATE -dot- SPRINT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 17:11:00 -0400

A number of people asked to be brought up to date on the question of
distinguishing customers from users. I received many useful and
thoughtful responses on this issue. Lots of you saw a really good reason
to separate customers from users, and noted that customers can be users
and users can be customers, but are often two distinct groups.Thanks to
those of you who took time to send me your thoughts.

In our internal discussions, however, we came to the conclusion that a
more refined breakout was necessary to fit our particular (government
contracting -- only one client) environment. In other words, we noted
that funding sources, document recipients and users can, but don't
necessarily overlap. Complicated, yes. But nonetheless useful in our
particular situation.

Ronni Perry
TRW Environmental Safety Systems Inc.