Re: Are You Converting Publications to Web Pages for a BIG Site?

Subject: Re: Are You Converting Publications to Web Pages for a BIG Site?
From: Rusty Wright <rusty -at- WSSG-123-DEMO3 -dot- BERKELEY -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 17:27:20 GMT

In article <3s4q3e$nut -at- googol -dot- bctel -dot- net> Andrew Haigh <ahaigh -at- imagen -dot- net>

From: Andrew Haigh <ahaigh -at- imagen -dot- net>
Date: 19 Jun 1995 21:27:10 GMT

For anyone considering using PDF as a format for moving their
documents onto the Web, an alternative to be considered is RTC,
rich-text-compressed. Our RTC viewer is far superior to Adobe's
Acrobat in that it is an order of magnitude smaller than Adobe's
PDF viewer, it supports http-hyperlinks to other documents, the
file size is considerably smaller (averaging 20-30k with images),
and can be used with any word-processor capable of saving files to
RTF format. Check out our home pages for more information.

Andrew Haigh
Imagen Communications
http://www.imagen.net
mailto:ahaigh -at- imagen -dot- net

Are you giving it away for free like Adobe is with the Acrobat viewer?