Re: Information Mapping and Word

Subject: Re: Information Mapping and Word
From: Marcia Coulter <notjust -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 1995 16:31:44 -0700

Auli Ingman <Auli -dot- Ingman -at- X400UX -dot- SASKTEL -dot- SK -dot- CA> wrote:

>My office has just converted from Word 5.1 to Word 6.0 for the Mac. We
> use Information Mapping almost exclusively.

>It seems Word 6.0 cannot recognize side-by-side text in other than a
>table. It converts such text from 5.1 documents into tables, but if
>the doc is a new 6.0, block text (for example) prints below the block
>label, rather than beside it.

>Does anyone know how we can get our side-by-side back?

It depends on how much text you want in each column. If you want a
heading or some other pointer in one column with the accompanying text
in the other column, then put your heading in a frame.

OTOH, if you want full-blown side-by-side columns for only a portion of
your document, put that portion in a section by itself. Then apply the
column feature to only that section.

If you need step-by-step help, feel free to contact me directly.

Marcia Coulter
notjust -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com