Re: Recomendations for dtp software for windoze

Subject: Re: Recomendations for dtp software for windoze
From: D Gardner <DGARDNER -at- UWOHALI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 07:51:01 CST

> I heartily recommend Frame for the pc over Word 6 for any
> large document (approaching or exceeding 100 pages).

> Word doesn't give you the chapter-handling features that
> Frame gives.

I've heard about this "Master Document" feature of Word but not
having used it, I'm more comfortable switching to a real dtp than
messing with some new Word function that MIGHT work.

> Your Interleaf and Word experience with components and styles
> transfers fairly smoothly to Frame.

Sounds good, easier than learning Interleaf was! <G>

> Be darn sure to install lotsa memory - 8 is ok, and I use
> Frame on my 4 Meg notebook, but I think 16 would be far better.

Well, I've got a pc here with 16 mg RAM so that shouldn't be a
problem.

> Caviat: if time is a problem (HAA!) stick with your familiar
> tool. Else get real training on the new tool.

When ISN'T time a problem in this business? 8)