Re[2]: Recomendations for dtp software for windoze

Subject: Re[2]: Recomendations for dtp software for windoze
From: Donna Menk <Donna_Menk -at- PC -dot- RADIAN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 08:32:22 CDT

>I've heard about this "Master Document" feature of Word but not
>having used it, I'm more comfortable switching to a real dtp than
>messing with some new Word function that MIGHT work.

I normally use Interleaf (PC version) when I create manuals, but I had
one project that absolutely *had* to be done in W4W. I used the
Master Document feature--until the second time I had a file-corrupting
crash. (This is on a 486/50, 16 mb RAM, W4W 6.0c.) On the plus
side, I got to spend a lot of quality time on the phone with Microsoft
support. I'd rather not talk about the minus side--when I think of
*that*, my eye starts twitching and I have an overwhelming urge to
curl up into a fetal position on top of the file cabinet.

This manual, BTW, was not large. It contains 4 chapters and is a grand
total of 98 pages long.

IMHO, W4W is a good tool for small jobs. There are better tools for
large jobs.

Donna