Re: Recomendations for dtp software for windoze

Subject: Re: Recomendations for dtp software for windoze
From: Bonni Graham <bonnig -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 13:43:25 -0700

Dick Dimock wrote:

>I used Ventura 3 years ago on a large tech manual. I found it was
>far easier to write in a WP pgm than to create text within Ventura.

Actually, in its most recent incarnation, editing is quite nice. I'm
fidning that I do most of my editing in Ventura, now, when I used to
jump out to my word processor and reimport. The new version has a
couple of different view modes that make editing easier, such a draft
mode, which shows the page layout but hides all pictures automatically
and a mark-up mode (I forget now what it's called), which lets you look
at the text in a format similar to Word's Normal editing, with the
style names associated with the paragraph displayed in a column on the
left.

>Ventura is (at that time anyway) set up to import text from most WP
>sw, and then do the dtp thing with the imported text.

It still does this quite nicely.

Bonni Graham
Manual Labour