To new list members: Re. (IN)digest(ion)

Subject: To new list members: Re. (IN)digest(ion)
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 08:34:07 LCL

Looks like we got "spammed" again, with the digest sent twice to the
whole list! Just in case this is a problem that has arisen from
inexperience, here's a quick item to check for new list members: when
you reply to a message, make sure that the option to "include original
message in your reply" is turned _OFF_. Without doing so, the digest
gets included in your reply... and in everyone else's digests
thereafter...if you receive a digest and reply to it directly.

"Expert" tip: To send messages to the mailing list quickly and easily
with a primitive mail program that doesn't let you pick the address
simply from a menu or dialog box, create a blank message to the list
and save it as a "draft". To send a message to the list (e.g., to
reply to a question or comment), open the draft, type your message,
but don't save the changes when you send the new message. This leaves
your draft intact and avoids having to retype the list address plus
your signature each time.

--Geoff Hart #8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of
our reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.