Re: WWW Mosaic & HTML

Subject: Re: WWW Mosaic & HTML
From: Herman Holtz <holtz -at- PALTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 13:28:18 -0400

>A friend was telling me that his company uses the WWW browser "Mosaic" for
>online documentation and also a text processing language called HTML.

>I don't know anything about these. What is Mosaic and how would a company use
>it? What is HTML and where can I go for more info?

>Thanks.

Mosaic is a program for accessing the web pages and the beautiful graphics
of the Internet from your own computer. (There is at least one other,
Netscape.) HTML, Hypertext Markup Language, is a means for permitting a user
to dart about a variety of presentations: You write your presentation with
HTML and provide the various jump-off points where your reader can jump to
other presentations, your own or others that are offered. You will probably
get more complex, more detailed explanations, but these are the main points.
***
Herman Holtz [holtz -at- paltech -dot- com] Marketing consultant, general and
technical writing services. Author 60+ books, including best-
selling How to Succeed as an Independent Consultant (John Wiley).
PO Box 1731, Wheaton, MD 20915. 301-649-2499; fax: 301-649-5745