Click On

Subject: Click On
From: Daniel Strychalski <dski -at- CAMEONET -dot- CAMEO -dot- COM -dot- TW>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 02:29:04 +0800

Josee Sevigny wrote that in the manuals her group produces, one never clicks
_on_ a thing but rather clicks the thing.

Hooray for you, Josee. That is the elegant, economical way this action was
described in the earliest Macintosh and W!&# -at- *$ manuals.

"Click on" really bothers me. Every time I see it I want to say, "Quick,
Scottie, the Clickons are coming!" I wrote a long article on the subject
for _Circuit_, the STC ROC newsletter, and titled it "Click On, MacDuff."
That was two years ago -- and still people click on and on and on and on....

I see "click on," I click off. It's that simple.

Dan Strychalski dski -at- cameonet -dot- cameo -dot- com -dot- tw