Different experience

Subject: Different experience
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 06:54:05 -0700

>IN MY EXPERIENCE, MANY (BUT CERTAINLY NOT ALL) Technical "writers" who
>are not degreed in the profession, and/or who simply drifted into it
>from some other profession, are lousy writers who do not understand
>the basic precepts of grammar, syntax, punctuation, style

In *my* experience, there aren't many like that.

I think there are at least as many failures among good writers who come to
the field without, and never develop, a proper respect for the technology.
...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro