Re: Cliches: How about "...in real time"?

Subject: Re: Cliches: How about "...in real time"?
From: John Renish <John -dot- Renish -at- CONNER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 09:29:21 PDT

Virtual time, no doubt, although most people use "off line," "background,"
or "batch" as the antonym of "real time." Nevertheless, we shouldn't throw
away this useful phrase whose meaning is precise in an engineering sense.
The editor I'm writing this mail with is not a real-time application, for
example, but a SCADA system or an operating system is.

John -dot- Renish -at- conner -dot- com
My statements are my own and do not represent Conner Peripherals, Inc.
Original Text