Re: Corel/PGMKR Font Problems

Subject: Re: Corel/PGMKR Font Problems
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 10:31:09 -0700

> Do we need a new, different or upgraded:
> 1) printer driver;
> 2) output filter for CorelDraw;
> 3) input filter for PageMaker;
> 4) translator (we've used Hijaak Pro with the same results);
> 5) something really simple that will make us feel stupid; and where
> can we find one?

Only ever exported from Corel as a TIF file and then into PM. Looks the
shits,even with images-hi Res selected, but prints out OK. Maybe re-install
the PPD drivers that came with Page Maker and the other thing I would do, is
use adobe type manager. (never eave home without it) It can come in real
havndy for font mapping, if you still have problems. One other thing ya
might wanna do, is CTRL-Q (convert to curves) your text, then the whole
Corel file is a graphic and no text. I do this if I know I'm gonna be using
a corel file in another app, and won't need to edit the text. On those
lins, could you not use the graphics from Corel, flow them into PM and add
the text from inside PM? I think, for what MHO is worth, that it's a
problem with Corel filters. They have had problems with some of them since
conception. You've already found the eps glitxh. Ever tried exporting as
an AI file and then trying to pull it into AI/ Doens't work.. :) I'm afraid
those are the only things that come to mind. Hope it hels somewhat.

Cheers

Stui

------=| First Impression Graphics |=------

No One's Life, Liberty or Property is safe while the
Legislature is in session