Re: Corel/PGMKR Font Problems

Subject: Re: Corel/PGMKR Font Problems
From: Kevin and/or Lisa Hodge <klhodge -at- NETLINE -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 02:36:10 GMT

"Brennan, Walt" <wbrennan -at- smtpgate -dot- level1 -dot- com> wrote:
> Hello Techwhirlers,

> Hope one or more of you can help us out. We recently migrated from Mac
> to PC and are having problems with Corel graphics printed from
> PageMaker. When we move graphic images from CorelDraw 5.0 to
> Pagemaker 5.0, the fonts look as though a third grader painted them
> with a screwdriver.

> We use a Dataproducts 1560 laser printer, and whenever we print from
> PageMaker, we get a "Output may not look as expected. Unknown or old
> postscript printer driver." error message. Whatever happens to
> graphics, it has little effect on Pagemaker text, no matter what the
> typeface.

> Do we need a new, different or upgraded:
> 1) printer driver;
> 2) output filter for CorelDraw;
> 3) input filter for PageMaker;
> 4) translator (we've used Hijaak Pro with the same results);
> 5) something really simple that will make us feel stupid; and where
> can we find one?

> Thanks for any help you can send us.

> Walt & Le at Level One
> wbrennan -at- LEVEL1 -dot- com

Walt & Le,

We had a similar problem a few weeks ago when we created graphics in both
Corel 4 and Adobe Illustrator, exported them as TIF files, and placed
them in PageMaker 5.0 for Windows. The graphics itself would look okay,
but any text in the graphic looked awful (or didn't appear at all)!

We contacted Adobe tech support, who suggested that we had a printer
driver problem (we just bought a new HP Laserjet 4MV and weren't using
the correct Postscript driver). They conferenced us in with HP tech
support who downloaded us the driver. It's been smooth sailing ever
since. Hope this helps!

Lisa