Re: Covers and color

Subject: Re: Covers and color
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 13:42:12 -0700

Hey Dick..

>The law people may NOT like blue and black, even though
>we (?) unlaw people ;) may assume they do because their
>uniforms are often these colors.
Y'know, that thought, went completely out of the window. I was thingking
along the lines of "relational programming". At least that's the term I
know it by, whereby, you go with colours that the "audience" is "programmed"
for and, usually, will instantly relate to or identify with. But you are
very correct, just 'cause someone is a cop, doesn't mean they actually like
the colour scheme they have to wear. Much less have it forced into their
faces, when having to read a manual, which for most, is an unpleasant task
at the best of times.

Ya, surveys are the cats meow, when it comes to satif\sfying an audience.
But as you pointed out, the "agencies" do not come cheap. And I couldn't
agree more or be more emphatic about leaarning the basics of seurveying.
Take Dicks word for it, the time you invest in laerning at least the basics,
will be well worth the effort in the long run. Try and gain a contact, or
at least someone with survey experience and ask them questions from time to
time. Be honest with them. They really shouldn't mind, as you arne't going
to pose any threat to their business and if you're having to do a "littlle"
surveying yourself, you probably can';t afford their services.

If you're not sure about the halftone collage thing, try and find someone
who is running the latest WIN '95 beta. MS uses one, I think it is for the
loader bitmap. That is the screen you see while the shell is loading all of
its "bits". Someone may correct me on this, but I think that's where you'll
find it.

Stui

------=| First Impression Graphics |=------

No One's Life, Liberty or Property is safe while the
Legislature is in session