Words to live by...

Subject: Words to live by...
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 1995 14:23:24 PDT

Here's a little ditty I just picked up off a FidoNet tagline. Thought it
would fit nicely here:

"Good writing mirrors the author's respect for his/her audience."

I'm seeing more and more hideous grammar popping up these days, not just in
everyday writings, but in newspapers and even advertising (one muffler shop in
Vancouver has their ad all over billboards and buses with the slogan, "Three
Pro's, One <name of establishment>". Note: PRO'S. sigh...) I often hear it
argued that most people don't know the difference anyway.

I think the above quote applies here...

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN Internet mion -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.musicwest.com/1040bbs/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446