Re: Internet Asst for Word

Subject: Re: Internet Asst for Word
From: David Fisher <DAF -dot- DSKPO27B -at- DSKBGW1 -dot- ITG -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 07:03:00 CST

<snip>
OK, Internet Assistant for Word DOES NOT do what I need (center, flow
text, etc) - surprise surprise - and I need to get the HTML doc done
no later than 8/1 and my author would really like it TODAY!
<snip>

Internet Assistant doesn't do what you want because it is only HTML 2.0
compliant. If your document is set up with consistent paragraph styles, IA will
put in the basic HTML tags and that's it.

<snip>
What's out there that's a) good; b) shareware with a 30
trial period; c) works with Word docs on PC platform?
<snip>

A) Hotdog - available at http://www.sausage.com.

B) Hotdog.

C) I use IA to give me basic HTML and then open the .HTM files in Hotdog for
final editing and formatting. If this doesn't work for you, try looking up
HTML converters on www.yahoo.com.

<snip>
about to inflict bodily injury on any and all
MicroSoft products and the computer in the process!
<snip>

We all feel that way about Microscoff at one time or another! ;-)

David Fisher
dfisher2 -at- ti -dot- com
[Neither I nor anyone I know speaks for my company.]