Alternative to IA for Word

Subject: Alternative to IA for Word
From: Tammy Hale <tammyh -at- FGM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 10:46:04 -0400

DGARDNER -at- UWOHALI -dot- COM asked for an alternative to Word's IA.

Try Skisoft's Web Pubisher 1.1. I just down loaded it today and so far I
really like it.

You can download it from: http://www.skisoft.com/skisoft

Web Pubisher 1.1. is designed for the PC. It's free for 30 days.

Web Pubisher automatically converts tables created in other applications
(Word, Frame etc.) to Netscape compatible tables. In addition, it
automatically converts TIFF,PCX, BMP, and WMF to GIF. I don't know if you
can flow text around an image with it.

The purpose of WebP is to convert large volumes of documentation (from
Word, Frame etc.) to HTML for the WWW. The product was designed with the
knowledge that paper and electronic publications are very different media.
WebP is designed to help you make the conversion from paper to electronic.
However, if you're creating docs from scratch, I don't know if WebP is what
you want.

There's a slight learning curve. On the other hand, I've had it for two
hours and I've already converted several documents.

This post reads like an ad. However, I have no connection with this
product. I just read about it for the first time yesterday.

Good luck,
Tammy
tammyh -at- fgm -dot- com

P.S. I tried to send this response directly to DGARDNER -at- UWOHALI -dot- COM, but it
bounced.