Re[2]: Kernighan and Ritchie notation contentions

Subject: Re[2]: Kernighan and Ritchie notation contentions
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 12:55:00 -0600

Contentions about the One True Brace Style to cause a lot of discussion
in the C community. C programmers are odd folk.

From the "Ten Commandments of C Programming" (my copy attributes these to one
Henry Spencer):

8 Thou shalt make thy program's purpose and structure clear to thy fellow man
by following the One True Brace Style, even if thou likest it not, for thy
creativity is better used in solving problems than in creating beautiful new
impediments to understanding.

I haven't seen an answer yet from the original poster about the possibility that
what was *really* meant was "conventions" not "contentions," but it seems likely
we're off chasing a typo here. K&R (AKA "The White Book") isn't contentious at
all.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124