Re[2]: vt100

Subject: Re[2]: vt100
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 09:28:00 -0600

When not in numeric mode, this keypad
could generate escape sequences which were used to control
Digital's text editors (edt, eve, lse, etc.).

Well, edt anyway. The VT100 had long disappeared from Digital's stock when eve
slouched onto the scene. Another editor which used the vt100 was teco. But the
edt convention remained into eve long after Digital relegated it to the
"unsupported" pile. (I'm one of those who know all the keypad commands for edt.
Even now on my Mac it's so difficult for me to hit the delete key, rather than
the '+' on the keypad. And hit '0' frequently, along with numloc-/ to find
something, * to delete a line, and numloc-4 and -5 to move to the top and bottom
of the document.)

(They might be up to VT400 by now.)

And beyond.

Have fun,