more power, more speed

Subject: more power, more speed
From: CHRIS HESTER <chris -dot- hester -at- AQUILA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 23:02:00 -0600

Hello all,

Our writing group has been told that if we want to be upgraded to the
company's standard pc configuration (Pentium, 16Mb, 280+ Mb hard drive,
15" monitor), we need to come up with a list of justifications. Go
figure--the doc group has to *justify* upgrading to the *standard.*
Were the programmers, who were upgraded to the same configuration
(which is used primarily for terminal emulation), asked for
justifications? Noooo, but that's another rant.

Begging can be so unattractive, but here goes. Please,
please, please, brag to me about it if you have a "top of the line" pc,
and also let me know what types and sizes of documents you develop with
it. I'm also interested in learning how you got such a pc (does your
company recognize that 386/sx 25's aren't too efficient in the large
document arena, was it on your desk your first day at the job, or was it
a clerical error you never pointed out (just kidding) ), as well as what
the old configuration was if you upgraded to your current pc, and any
noticeable improvements in productivity, quality, efficiency, etc.

I appreciate any advice on or information for this proposal. Thanks.