Ghosting books

Subject: Ghosting books
From: Mlbx1126 -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 15:15:40 -0400

I am a freelance technical writer in New England. I've been asked to ghost
several chapters in a book. Each chapter is roughly 30,000 words and will
require extensive research. The project will be half research, half writing.

If anyone has tips on how to estimate such a job -- going hourly rates,
breaking out tasks, estimating time, handling payments (i.e. installment bill
or x% up front) -- please respond. I am in the process of registering for
the tech writers list so please send all responses directly to my AOL
mailbox.

Thanks!

Address: Mlbx1126 -at- aol -dot- com