Re: Request for Opening Instructions

Subject: Re: Request for Opening Instructions
From: Rogers George <Reg13 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 13:07:30 -0400

I thought surely someone would mention the real way kids open these little
packets by now! Guess I better (or is is had better?) step in and quit
lurking for once.

Most kids rip the straw and its wrapping off the container. Then, holding the
body of the wrapped straw in one hand, they push on the blunt end of the
straw so the sharp end pokes through the wrapper. Then they grab the straw,
slide the wrapper off, and (usually with some variant of a blood-curdling
scream) stab the straw into the juice container. I've heard some really
interesting blood-curdling screams.