As, since & because (was myth of sexist language)

Subject: As, since & because (was myth of sexist language)
From: Callie <callie -at- WRITEPAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 05:37:31 GMT

In article <9508131703 -dot- AA04554 -at- nova -dot- tivoli -dot- com>,
Sally Derrick <sally -at- dev -dot- tivoli -dot- com> wrote:
>Can we move off this topic soon? There must be others we can beat on
>for a while and get no where. I know!! How about "that" vs. "which?"
>To be honest, reading something that uses that and which
>interchangably distracts me _much_ worse than pronouns.

Sally -
OK, lets pontificate on the problems caused by failing to be consistent in
using as, since, because and when.

Example:
Since the file on the hard drive has changed since you opened it ....
(real text from a real manual :(

Callie