PETALUMA CA-Tech Writer Staff

Subject: PETALUMA CA-Tech Writer Staff
From: Steve Arrants <stephena -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 09:54:52 -0700

Technical Writer Needed
Petaluma, CA.

A Full-time, staff technical writer with at least 2 years experience needed
(immediately) by a Petaluma software company.

We are looking for a full-time writer to join our west coast office in Petaluma,
CA. Petaluma is located about 40 minutes north of San Francisco, and 10 minutes
south of Santa Rosa. We are located just off of Highway 101 in east Petaluma
(McDowell-Washington-Penngrove area).

This is a small office, with ten developers and two other
technical writer. You'd be (lightly) supervised by the other writer (me), but
you'd be expected to take projects over and be responsible for the
entire documentation set.

Requirements:
o Word for Windows 2.0-6.0. You've used Word for Windows for so long, it is
second nature to you.
o Microsoft Help Compilers. You know how to set up and use Help macros,
secondary windows, and graphics.
o Windows 3.1, NT, 95 (at this point, some familiarity w/Win95, such as
participation in the Beta release program is OK).
o Database/project management software knowledge. (Microsoft Project, ABT
Project Workbench, etc.)

You *MUST* have experience planning, creating, and writing
Microsoft Windows Help.

Other good experience to have:
o Usage of a third-party Help tool (RoboHelp, D2H, etc.)
o Document design (print/on-line). You've taken a document set from initial
design to final release, either as a lead or part of a team.
o Project management experience. You can schedule your deliverables and let
others know what you're counting on them to deliver to you.
o Graphic manipulation/design. You've used tools such as Paint Shop Pro,
Corel, and others to create and/or modify existing graphics for both
print and on-line.

Please send your resume (including salary requirements) to:

Steve Arrants
Applied Business Technology
191 Lynch Creek Way, #201
Petaluma, CA 94954

or fax to me at 707-769-2616.

or email to stephena -at- netcom -dot- com -dot-

If you use email, *please followup with a snailmail or
fax copy.*

At this time we cannot offer any relocation assistance.