Release notes, updates & errata

Subject: Release notes, updates & errata
From: Rikki Nyman <c1043 -at- AZFMS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 11:51:01 -0700

A couple of us have been scratching our heads about the meaning of release notes
vs. updates. I have seen errata included with a document at the time of
shipment which includes changes that occurred after the piece went to press.
Are there working definitions of updates/release notes? Are they the same
thing?

I've never done release notes myself and I am curious? Thanks!

Rikki