Re: Win'95 handing our directories over to MS?????

Subject: Re: Win'95 handing our directories over to MS?????
From: Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- SYL -dot- NJ -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 10:02:22 -0400

I thought it was on this list where we learned that Big Brother Microsoft
learns
all when you are part of their network services; Big Brother "M" cannot find
out anything from the stand-alone PC version. Is this what others understood?

Also, has anyone heard what Microsoft does with other people's and companies'
proprietary files (I am talking about design and development info., legal
stuff)? Are they downloaded as well?

PS, direct comments to me, because I think this topic should now be off the
tech writer's list, unless our listowners disagree.
Laurie