Re: Topics, on and off

Subject: Re: Topics, on and off
From: Callie <callie -at- WRITEPAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 22:46:11 GMT

In article <30324CC1 -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com>,
Heli Roosild <HeliR -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com> wrote:

>In a manner of speaking, all of us on this list are guests in Eric's
house.
>As such, isn't it rather rude of us to argue with the host when he
makes a
>request? Would we insist on bringing say, a dog into his house--would
we
>smoke--if explicitly asked not to? I would hope not.

Heli -
We were invited in for a discussion about being techwriters ... the
problem seems to be that the profession is a nebulous one. What one
person thinks is appropriate might be seen as totally off-topic
by another.

I'm still waiting for a definition of what the "host" thinks "techwriting"
is about. So far today I've answered a post on a graphics problem, an data
compression problem, and how to take revenge on a spammer ... the last
one was off-topic, but the others seemed legit ... techwriter needing
detail on "how to".

Callie