Re: Procedure Writing Book References

Subject: Re: Procedure Writing Book References
From: Glenda Jeffrey <jeffrey -at- HKS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 12:40:58 GMT

Susan D. Foster (Susan_D_Foster -at- ccmail -dot- jpl -dot- nasa -dot- gov) wrote:
: Wanted for a procedures reengineering activity--references for books on
: writing procedures that are clear, user-friendly, concise. Please e-mail
: information on useful books to Susan -dot- D -dot- Foster -at- jpl -dot- nasa -dot- gov or post to this
: newsgroup. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Westinghouse has a nice style guide that they make available to
anyone who asks for it. It's part of some technology transfer
agreement they have with Uncle Sam. The guide is very hardware-oriented;
for example, it's geared toward explaining how to operate machinery,
not software. But I still found it helpful, even though I'm writing
software documentation.

For more info, talk to:

Mr. W. A. Keeley
Technology Transfer and Economic Development
Westinghouse Electric Corporation-WID
MS-500, PO Box 2078
Carlsbad, NM 88221
FAX: 505-887-1434
Phone: 505-234-7594

The report number is WP 15-PS.2, Revision 0.

BTW, if you find any other references, could you post them to the
list?
--
Glenda Jeffrey Email: jeffrey -at- hks -dot- com
Hibbitt, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc Phone: 401-727-4200