Re: boom:Would you be angry?

Subject: Re: boom:Would you be angry?
From: Howard <howardg -at- SAVVY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 09:16:47 -0400

Jan wrote:
>>I think we all should go looking for a job every four years or so.

Once I went to my boss, complaining that my raise was too small. The
conversation was becoming heated, and I said, "Maybe I should pull
my resume out of the bottom drawer."
He leaned over his desk, blue eyes flaring, finger jutting towards my
chest, and (between his teeth) said, "If anyone on my staff doesn't think
enough of themselves to be looking for a new job all the time, I don't
want them on my staff!"

PS: I got a bonus and stayed with the company for another 6 years. Go figure.

-Howard Gold howardg -at- savvy -dot- com