Re[4]: citing a source?

Subject: Re[4]: citing a source?
From: "<Pam Owen>" <powen -at- MAIL2 -dot- LMI -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 13:57:08 EST

In a recent exchange of e-mail between Barb Miller and myself, I
mentioned a great book on jargon and abuse of English, called
_Technobabble_. I'm repeating my message to her (proofed - sorry about
the typos in your message, Barb; I was in a hurry when I mailed it),
below, in case any of the rest of you are interested.

_Technobabble_ may be equally as illusive to obtain. I have all the
info you should need, but you might have to find a bookstore that
specializes in technical publications and/or writing, or just one
that's *really* big, like our Borders, here in the Washington, D.C.,
area. I think the author is local, and that's why I've seen it from
time to time in several stores. Here's the info:

Author: John Barry
Publisher: Ingram Connections
Price: $25 (hard cover); $12.50 (trade paperback)
ISBN: 0262023334 (hard cover); 0262521822 (trade paperback)

It's worth checking out, if you can find it. Anyone who does a lot of
technical writing, particularly for the government, will commiserate
with the author on the arcane use and (abuse) of English he discusses.
You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll question whether you're in the right
job.

Pam Owen
Nighthawk Communications
Reston, VA