Re: what do you call it when your computer stops?

Subject: Re: what do you call it when your computer stops?
From: Herman Holtz <holtz -at- PALTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 15:32:25 UNDEFINED

>Perhaps it's the techie in me, but I never understood why some manuals
>talk about the keyboard locking up. The software is typically the part
>with bugs, not the keyboard.

That is the typical reaction of the non-technical user: He or she does not
usually grasp the difference between the symptom and the cause of a problem,
and so refers to the symptom as the problem.
***
Herman Holtz [holtz -at- paltech -dot- com], marketing consultant & freelance writer.
Author best-selling How to Succeed as an Independent Consultant (Wiley),
other business books. General writing/copywriting/ghost writing services.
Publisher reports for writers. Free report, brochure on request.