FW: what do you call it when your computer stops?

Subject: FW: what do you call it when your computer stops?
From: "Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- UCS01 -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 16:39:00 -0500

From: Price, Becca
Subject: RE: what do you call it when your computer stops?
Date: Friday, September 08, 1995 3:38PM

that's the typical reaction for anyone who doesn't understand underlying
causality - when people did this about natural events, we call it magic....

Superstition: the *other* guy's religion.

-becca
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: internet!VM1.ucc.okstate.edu!TECHWR-L (Multiple recipients of list
Date: Wednesday, September 06, 1995 11:52PM

>Perhaps it's the techie in me, but I never understood why some manuals
>talk about the keyboard locking up. The software is typically the part
>with bugs, not the keyboard.

That is the typical reaction of the non-technical user: He or she
does not usually grasp the difference between the symptom and the cause of a
problem,
and so refers to the symptom as the problem.
***
Herman Holtz