SGML Author for Word

Subject: SGML Author for Word
From: "Lane, Debi MV" <DLane -at- PO5 -dot- MV -dot- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 10:09:00 PDT

I just got this product (an MS add-on for Word 6).

I can't get off the ground, and I can't find any support for
the blasted thing (unless I want to let Mr. Gates auto-bill
$150 to my phone for each support call I make to his 900-line).

When I select "SGML Help" from the applicaton's
Help menu, I get the message. "Bad File Name."

When I try to follow the simple example in the manual,
I can't get past square one, which is to save the (provided)
sample.doc file as SGML. (The application produces a
feedback file and an error listing, instead of a valid
SGML instance.)

I've performed a complete installation of the product
(not once, but _twice_), and I've disabled my Word autoexec
macros and startup templates to ensure that I'm running
vanilla Word, instead of my highly customized environment.

Any clues?

Any suggestions for better add-ons to Word that support
.doc-to-.SGML and the reverse?

Regards,
Debi Lane
Unisys Corporation
ESD ASPG Product Information
(714) 380-6541
Internet: dlane -at- p05 -dot- mv -dot- unisys -dot- com