"set" and the OED

Subject: "set" and the OED
From: Michael Uhl <uhl -at- VISLAB -dot- EPA -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 06:59:49 -0400

For OED owners, check out the entry for "set." I believe it's the longest
in the dictionary--and for those of you unfamiliar with the Oxford English
Dictionary, that means really long, as in over 20 pages of definitions
and examples. There is nothing simple about the usage of "set." I suspect
we could argue about its usage endlessly here on TECHWR-L.

Cheers.

-Mike

Michael Andrew Uhl Internet: uhl -at- vislab -dot- epa -dot- gov
Lead Technical Writer Compuserve: 72624,2155
SVC/NESC Phone: (919) 541-4283
Martin Marietta Technical Services, Inc. Fax: (919) 541-0056
Primary Support Contractor for the EPA ftp site: ftp.nesc.epa.gov
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Scientific Visualization Center (SVC),
National Environmental Supercomputing Center (NESC)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)