Books on how to write software specs?

Subject: Books on how to write software specs?
From: "Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- UCS01 -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 16:51:00 -0500

From: Price, Becca
Subject: RE: Books on how to write software specs?
Date: Monday, September 11, 1995 3:52PM

ask your audience what they expect to see in a software spec.

BTW, do you mean spec as in requirements doc? or spec as in systems design
spec that gets archived and only used when the program needs tweaking?
----------
Date: Friday, September 08, 1995 10:00PM

We have some new writers in our tech pubs department. They were hired to
write software specifications (technical as well as functional). Are there
any publications that describe how to write software specs?

I know that there's a lot of variation out there and that I seem to be
looking for a "cookbook" answer, but anything would help in terms of getting
them started and oriented in the right direction.

Thanks for your help. Please reply by e-mail to 71024 -dot- 3571 -at- compuserve -dot- com if
possible.

Elaine Stoll