Re: bogus resume requirements

Subject: Re: bogus resume requirements
From: Angela Tchen <tchena -at- COGNOS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 10:12:26 -0400

Nora
merhar -at- edsvcs -dot- switch -dot- rockwell -dot- com wrote:

>> Unless they've changed the scale since I took it, the highest score
>> attainable on the SAT is 1400; higher than that and you're looking at a
>> computer glitch. I guess they're looking for LUCKY people.
>>
>When I took it (10 years ago) the highest possible score was 1600 (800 verbal,
>800 math). 1400 or higher is a pretty stiff requirement.

Aren't there courses in US high schools for taking SATs so that some
students ace them without knowing much more than how to take these course?

>Are we sure this was an ad for a job?

I've seen ads for jobs that require a high GPA, but I've never heard of one
that wanted high SAT scores. Besides haven't the difficulty levels changed
over the years?

Angela Williams
tchena -at- cognos -dot- com