Re: What size monitors do you have?

Subject: Re: What size monitors do you have?
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 07:11:41 MST

Karen Mayer <Karen_Mayer -dot- TOUCH_TECHNOLOGY -at- NOTES -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
wrote-->
> We're trying to justify to a boss who's never worked with tech writers
> before (and likely didn't know they existed before he started working
> here) the need for
> A) A real DTP (FrameMaker)
> B) 21-inch monitors (instead of 17")
> c) Formal training on Frame
===============
I think you are right on and justified for asking (demanding?)
items A and C. Although I hope like hell you get your 21-inch
monitors, I have to admit that they are probably still
considered a "luxury." I know some pubs people who would kill
for 17-inch monitors to replace their 14s.

Of course I work for the government, which is not known for
furnishing its employees with state-of-the-art equipment. Heck,
my office furniture is still of the gray metal variety from,
what, the WWII era? I've got one thing to say for the stuff:
It's durable!

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= Huachuca : That's pronounced "wah-CHEW-ka" =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=