Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 12 Sep 1995 to 13 Sep 1995

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 12 Sep 1995 to 13 Sep 1995
From: "David S. Broudy" <broudy -at- BCF -dot- USC -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 09:41:42 -0700

karenk -at- netcom -dot- com:
>Not only that, a lot of people w/ college degrees never took the SAT!

Yup, welcome to the never.took.the.SAT.cabal. It's not necessary for
students who attend a community college for the first two years, who then
transfer to a university. I did take something called the ACT but hell if I
can remember what my score was.

Besides, what relevance is a test score obtained at age 18 when the
applicant is 33? None. I had a 3.0 GPA upon graduating that reflected a
full-time course load and 40+ hour work week, and I haven't had any trouble
finding work. Who cares what I did ten years ago?

broudy -at- mizar -dot- usc -dot- edu -- http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~broudy/
Warning: Severe Tire Damage /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/