GPAs & SATs

Subject: GPAs & SATs
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 16:08:03 EST

rRM80_
As we all know by now, on Tue Sept. 11, Fred Wersan wrote:

> There is an ad in the back of the Sept. issue of INTERCOM (an STC publication)
> that
> asks candidates for a tech writing position to send a resume including GPA
(3.6
> or
> above) and SAT scores (1400 or higher).

Okay, I can't resist it.

1. How many of us on this list qualify in *both* regards for this
position? (Don't bother to post to the list or write to me; a show of
hands will do nicely.) I am guessing that out of 1000 of us highly
qualified tech writers, maybe 10 of us qualify both ways. And, as has
already been pointed out, for many of us, these scores are old and bear no
relationship to much of anything.

2. What munificent sum is this firm offering for such a paragon? I bet
that it isn't much!

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer (mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com), who qualifies in one respect but
not the other, leaves it to you to guess which is which, and thanks Dick
Dimock for inspiring her to do this silly sig