Re. Word (Im?)perfect

Subject: Re. Word (Im?)perfect
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 12:50:53 LCL

Just to clarify a point about the Word(im)perfect
discussion: the negative comments to date come
from dissatisfied Windows users. I'm using the Mac
version and love it (i.e., not a single crash
since the beta program ended and no problems with
tags).

For the record, the easiest way to remove the
common problem tags is exactly the same as in
MSWord: select the offending text, and apply a new
format to it. For example, to remove hidden
italics tags, select the text, apply italics
(italicizes the entire block and removes any
intermediate italics codes), then apply italics
again (a "toggle" which removes the italics): this
takes a total of two keystrokes once you've
selected the text. Works like a charm on the Mac
version, so it should work just as well in Windows
and DOS. Less common tags might be a problem if
there's no quick way to undo the tag; the only
things I can think of that would cause this
problem would be an embedded mail-merge code
(hardly a common error) and perhaps footnotes.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one
of our reports, it don't represent FERIC's
opinion.