Re: Anonymous Postings/ Restricting Access

Subject: Re: Anonymous Postings/ Restricting Access
From: Geoff Bradbury <bradg -at- INTEXT -dot- CPSG -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 09:35:06 +1000

At 11:10 19/09/95 PDT, you wrote:
[snip]
>Eric, I too am concerned. Can we filter anonymous postings out at
>the Listserver?

>I for one will delete any anonymous mail forthwith!

>If no other techwrler rises to any of the Anonymous baiting or
>commentary, the Masked Man may retire from the game.

>Eric, I too may be accessing my mail from different machines. I suppose
>I could subscribe under each address, but that eats mail bandwidth.
>The spammers don't bother me because I have unlimited email use. I
>have no opinion on allowing Usenet postings.

[snip]
At 09:19 20/09/95, I wrote:

Dick's suggestion about possibly filtering anonymous posting at the
listserver makes sense. But is it technically possible?

Like Dick, I now trash anonymous mail items without reading them. I posted
the last nasty anonymous message back to the originating site's
administrator, along with some considered comments (haven't received a reply
yet) :^)

While it may not bother Dick about the spammers, there are those that pay
for the privilege of being spammed. I too have unlimited email use, but if
was paying I can think of at least three things I'd rather pay for!

...cheers!

Geoff Bradbury - Technical Writer for InTEXT Systems
"Makers of extraordinarily fine text storage and retrieval software"

PO Box 310, Deakin West, ACT 2600, Australia
+61 6 283 6804 (voice) +61 6 285 4316 (fax)

My writings reflect my views: not those of InTEXT Systems

- Douglas Adams