FrameMaker vs. PageMaker

Subject: FrameMaker vs. PageMaker
From: Charlene Wolff <QDRU13A -at- PRODIGY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 00:02:15 GMT

Just when you thought the comparisons were over...

Now that the Word vs. Frame debate has come to a close, I would like to
open a new arena. My company is currently running both FrameMaker and
PageMaker to produce documentation, and my boss would like to support
only one. The battle lines have been drawn between the two sides and we
are in a deadlock. I am hoping that I can get some objective opinions
about the benefits of each program.

We are a manufacturing company and most of the documentation we produce
is operation and parts manuals. These manuals are used in the field so
they must be in hard copy form. We also produce the advertising
literature for the company - everything from tri-fold fliers to magazine
ads. There is talk that we may produce manuals on CD-ROM, but that is far
in the future. We are running exclusively on a Macintosh platform.

Given these variables, which DTP would most fit our needs? Please provide
reasons, and please be as objective as possible. (That last statement
courtesy of the man who makes the decisions).

You can send answers directly to me, or post them on the newsgroup.

I appreciate all answers!

Charlene Wolff
Technical Publications
Cedarapids, Inc./A Raytheon Company